WVExp.com
The West Virginia. Cyclopedia


Blue Sulphur Springs

From West Virginia (WV) Cyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Pavilion at Blue Sulphur predates Civil War
Inside pavilion at the springs

Greenbrier County: 8.5 m NW of Alderson, WV

A monumental Greek pavillion, standing alone in a level pasture, is all that remains of the splendor of one of the region's most-famous mineral springs.


The Blue Sulphur Spring, in western Greenbrier County near Alderson, West Virginia, still bubbles beneath the pavillion and provides the highest sulfer content of any of the region's mineral springs. The resort that surrounded the pavillion was burned by Federal forces in 1864.

See also: White Sulphur Springs

Blue Sulphur Springs Preservation

Topo Map