The West Virginia. Cyclopedia
A 1911 Fayette County publication listed the Export Coal Co. as operating the Export mine, with a post office address at Export, W.Va. A post office was established here at some unknown date. Export was included a 1917 list of West Virginia post offices.
A 1921 list of mines in West Virginia showed the Export Coal Company as operating the Export mine, with a post office at Export. In 1923, the Export Coal Company operated the Export mine, a drift mine working the Fire Creek coal sam, with thickness of 3 to 4 feet, with 65 workers who worked 174 days. The mine did pick and machine mining, and used one machine and one locomotive and six mules to mine and move the coal. The company maintained offices in Export and in Quinnimont, WV. A. O. B. Hogue was superintendent and Frank Ewin was mine foreman.
Rafter's Reference: Export was not located directly on New River and so is generally inaccessible to paddlers.