The West Virginia. Cyclopedia
Glen Ferris, West Virginia
Glen Ferris is an unincorporated community on the Kanawha River in Fayette County. The town was known until 1895 as Stockton and was named for Colonel Aaron Stockton, who settled at the site in 1812. During the early days of the James River & Kanawha Turnpike, over which the last stagecoach rolled in 1873, Stockton kept a popular tavern, now known as the Glen Ferris Inn. The town may be best known for its view of the Kanawha Falls.